Pages

Friday, October 31, 2014

Haiku Shuukan #27, Om


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Here is our new episode of Haiku Shuukan. I love to take you with me into the realm of the Himalayas and the Tibetan Buddhism/Lamaism. And first I love to look with you all to the wellknown mantra Om Mani Padme Hum which has the following meaning:

Om purifies bliss and pride (realm of the gods); Ma purifies jealousy and need for entertainment (realm of the jealous gods); Ni purifies passion and desire (human realm); Pad purifies ignorance and prejudice (animal realm); Me purifies greed and possessiveness (realm of the hungry ghosts); Hum purifies aggression and hatred (hell realm).



This wonderful mantra has six (6) syllables, which stand for six (6) Paramitas. "Om" stands for generosity and purifies pride/ego. The color which belongs to "Om" is white and it stands for the deity of Wisdom.

My attempt to write a haiku inspired on "Om" ...:

entering Heavens
finally purified and without ego
I became wise

© Chèvrefeuille

Well ... it's a wonderful mantra and I hope to read all wonderful haiku inspired on "Om". This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until next Friday November 7th at noon (CET). I will try to post our new episode, "Ma", later that day. For now ... have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment